17 August 2010

Kenny & Ziggy's

Mimi is officially 2 months old today, and while she has not had much of a presence on the blog, rest assured she is very present in our every day happenings. Perhaps when I get a handle on this two-kids-bit, I will upload photos of her.

Now on to the real business. This woman. This woman here is my mom.

She arrived 10 days after Mimi was born and stayed a full month. Seriously, she's the best. While most of our excitement took place at home, mama wanted to visit a place introduced to her by her good friend Guy Fieri. And how could I deny such a simple (and delicious) request from a woman who traveled 1600 miles to clean my bathrooms and make me dinner?


Having worked in a real East Coast deli in her youth, my mom's heart palpitated for corned beef--pickled on site, chopped liver, and any nosh involving lox. And boy, did she have her options. The menu was enormous.

Peek-a-boo!

Oh this is getting ridiculous; it's as big as my daughter.

The menu's size could only be matched by its Reuben,

its Pastrami,

its Tuna Melt,

And most importantly, its cheesecake topped with chocolate mousse (which the 4 of us shared).

We even got to meet Ziggy while we were there and did a little (unsuccessful) pacifier-training.

The food and experience were well-worth the price. Thanks K&Z for bringing our family together for a yummy meal and an invaluable lesson that, like everything else, family photos with two children are infinitely more difficult than family photos with one.

4 comments:

heather said...

Anything that Guy Fieri suggests is always good. The food is not only a ton, but it looks so good.
I'm glad your momma got to stay with you for a month. That is just the best. Love ya Jen.

Blarney Girl said...

Cheesecake with chocolate mousse on top??? How have I missed this my whole life? Must....get....to....K&Z....for.....cheesecake! :D

Sarah said...

We always plan our trips around Diners Drive Ins and Dives finds! That is so nice that your mom was out there for a month. She is so sweet and I love seeing the pics of all of you. You look amazing Jen and your mom hasn't changed a bit!

natalie said...

How wonderful to have her there! I am so glad you have had the help. I am obsessed with your littles! They are too cute for words!