17 May 2010

Haircuts

* I will be putting up old posts for a while so my family can see the little man and then will eventually back-date them to their proper place. Thanks for your patience *


Jonas received his first haircut at 17 months. I don't know what makes me think hair like this is appropriate on my son (or on any child, for that matter), but I have a hard time parting with it.





I love his hair long, but when he has to lift his head to see through his bangs, I suppose that's an indication that a hair cut is necessary for his physical development. Evidently, I am not the only one who struggles with the separation.




And here's our brave little Sampson after losing his power.


And as expected, the hair continues to grow, making endless haircuts inevitable.





Sadly, Ms. Suzanne moved (a fact we are still mourning). Fortunately, the trauma of the first haircut could be slightly hindered by a little sink time, so Jonas played in the water to his heart's content. He still had a minor case of the grumps, but considering he'd been traveling for the past 10 hours, we'll let that slide.



I like his short hair, but I'm kind of looking forward to this again:

No comments: