06 November 2009

Arkansas: Nature


Arkansas is The Natural State, in case you were unawares. I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous it is and how I never even knew The Natural State existed. I always thought it was The Wal-Mart State.

Lake Ouachita is one of the top contenders for the title of Cleanest Lake in the US. The visitors center employees informed us we had to go there because "it's like swimming in silk." Definitely not disappointed.


Patrick: "You're not really putting up that picture, are you? Our son looks like Sloth from Goonies." I disagree, but I'm sure there's some truth to it.



Loving Lake Catherine


Jonas wanted to swim in his natural state while in the natural state. How could I resist?

Garvan Woodland Gardens--beautiful. The University of Arkansas maintains gorgeous grounds (as well as this incredible chapel) right off of Lake Hamilton. How did I never know about this state?










For the family:

video

video

3 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

Wow! Trees! I'd almost forgotten what they look like. Looks like you have some nice Christmas card material here!

Michelle and Nels said...

I'm so glad you finally posted! I've been needing to see Jonas! He looks very cute!

Kali said...

WOW. THere is SO much to love about those pics! that chapel gave me goosebumps. I wish I could have church in there just once. My favorite pic is the one of you holding jonas (jonas in his birthday suit) such a precious picture. I would frame it.