07 November 2009

Arkansas: Injuries

Arkansas wasn't all fun and games. Jonas was eaten alive by mosquitos, with 6 enormous bites on his face. His hands swelled to twice their normal size and his poor feet looked like sausages.


My injury was less puffy, but no less frustrating. I fell victim to a nasty cat accident. As in, I came across cat hair and it got in my eye. We were thisclose to going to the ER. And by we, I mean I. Patrick kept a much cooler head--he could see out of both eyes and wasn't in danger of losing his vision forever. Sorry cat lovers. I'm sure there's a reason felines bring you joy, but I just can't see it. The beam in mine own eye prevents me from understanding your love. Or maybe it's just the cat hair.

3 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

We like cats because they soft and cuddly and don't make our eyes swell. I imagine if anything made my eyes swell, I'd also have a hard time understanding why others would like it. :)

Kara said...

Not a cat lover over here. Both your injuries do not look fun. I'm glad you both recovered nicely.

Blarney Girl said...

If you didn't go to the ER, how do you know it was a cat hair that caused your eye problems??? And who's cat were you rubbing on your face in order to get it in your eye? So many questions, so few answers in this post!! :)