02 October 2009

Conference Week: None Were With Him

The week before conference is my favorite time of year. To get in the conference spirit, I shall highlight one talk from the April 2009 conference each day this week. Ooh, I can't wait for Saturday.

None Were With Him
by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland


"[B]ecause Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path--the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of this Beloved Son, the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angel in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends." Read None Were With Him in its entirety here.

For me, there has not been a more powerful talk than None Were With Him and I would encourage anyone who is feeling lonely to read Elder Holland's account of the Savior.
Against all odds and with none to help or uphold Him, Jesus of Nazareth, the living Son of the living God, restored physical life where death had held sway and brought joyful, spiritual redemption out of sin, hellish darkness, and despair. With faith in the God He knew was there, He could say in triumph, "Father, into they hands I commend my spirit."

No comments: