11 September 2009

Training with Patrick

My weight loss plan has not turned out quite as I've expected. I've worked out nearly every day for a year and changed my eating habits dramatically. I gave up chocolate for an entire year and I've lost 1 pound in 13 months (I had a 1-week bout of excessive sadness and self-medicated with rice pudding and peanut butter/banana shakes where I gained 5 pounds. So technically I lost -4 pounds, but that makes me want to self-medicate again, so I'm sticking with the 1-pound loss).

I can't really expect to get any better results if I keep doing the same thing, so Patrick has graciously offered to train Elizabeth and I. This was our workout today:

Sumo deadlifts: 10 reps
Lawnmowers: 20 reps each arm
Push-ups: 15 reps
Squats: 40 reps

4 rounds, as fast as you can.

I'm dying. Do you think it was because of the whole Matt Payne thing?

2 comments:

Karen said...

seriously??? That is so depressing. To work so hard and see no results.

Blarney Girl said...

Do I dare ask what a "lawnmower" is? :)

Are you guys doing this training during the weekday exercise program you setup at the church?