24 August 2009

Who says only Brits can throw a good coming-out party?

In high school, I was crowned our year's Brotherhood Queen. This is a title I have worn proudly, requiring all of my friends, acquaintances, and bank tellers to call me Queen Jennifer for the past 9 years. They patronized me for the first 5, but my superb people skills have alerted me to a slight begruding manner by which others complete this task.  
Are you even Brotherhood Queen anymore? they grumble. 

Haven't there been 9 other Brotherhood Queens since your metaphorical crown was bestowed upon you? they murmur. 

What the heck is Brotherhood Queen anyway? they challenge.
Well Bellyachers, here is your restitution. If all goes according to plan, I shall shelve my insistence at being referred to as Q-Jay. My swelling humility is due to none other than
(drumroll please......)




Pardon me, but what is that? SO glad you asked. The Meanest Mom, a witty woman of words, decided to host the first annual e-pageant to determine which chronic disease is sexiest of all. In her words,
[A] committee comprised of chronically ill women in various stages of physical and emotional decay will select the finalists. Then there will be voting, tears of joy, a plastic crown, and bragging rights FOREVER.
I pondered this challenge for an extended 4 second interval before realizing: I want that plastic crown. In a bad, bad way.

And wouldn't you know, I was selected as one of the seven finalists due to an "ability to laugh at [my]self and find humor in the unfortunate."


There were a couple edits made and I sure don't recall using all of those superfluous exclamation marks, but you get the point. At the end of the week, be sure to vote for Ms. PCOS as Ms. Chronic Disease of America. Encourage your friends to vote. Post on your own blog about how sexy PCOS can be. You'll be glad you did.

9 comments:

The Richardsons said...

Oh Jen, you crack me up! I love that you can take such a difficult thing and make it something to laugh about! You've got my vote for sure!

Blarney Girl said...

Holy crap!! I'm dying laughing!! :D You so have my vote! Do an entry to remind us when the day comes around!

heather said...

Okay, so I opened up my google reader and I subscribe to The meanest mom's blog and as I started reading I thought, "this has got to jen" And sure enough, was you. You were very funny in your interview. Girl, you know you got my vote.
Oh, and just so everyone knows....they stopped the Brotherhood week Queen/King my year. So you are the last Queen to be crowned for that. I was very sad because secretly I was hoping I would get nominated. But I wasn't popular so who knows if I would have.
But you are the last Queen to have the title. Pretty cool, I think.

vigues said...

Killin' me, smalls! I'm voting for you.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Hopped over from Meanest Mom. Congrats on the nomination. Perhaps you should change your google name to one like mine so you can still pretend you are the Queen of something. It works for me. ;)

Frugal or Cheap? said...

You're my queen and you've got my vote!

ukyankoz said...

You've definitely got my vote!! PCOS is the HOTTEST!

Jeanette said...

I voted today(more than once-shh). Hope you win!

nbrawley said...

Hey - I just read your post about the the dietition and I was laughing the entire time. I mean, its not funny but I cannot believe that happened. Thanks for sharing that story. I hope you guys have an excuse to come to Fort Worth soon or vice versus - maybe BYU will play TCU again this year.