26 July 2009

I've met my match

There's not a lot that seems insurmountable for me in the parenting world. With the exception of making sure you raise a productive, moral citizen who makes good choices by their own volition (simple!), this parenting gig has been pretty easy.

However, a very formidable opponent entered into the picture at about 3 am:

sick baby (pink eye and ear infection) + sick mommy + sick daddy + packing/preparing for Canada trip on Tuesday = hard

When great challenges arise, I often think of the scripture in Matthew 17:21. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Well isn't that convenient! We can barely eat anything anyway so fasting is right up my alley. Maybe this parenting thing isn't so difficult after all.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sorry you guys are sick! We will do some praying for you as well. Love you!

Heather said...

Both parents being sick is bad enough but a sick baby too! That's the worst! Days like that I wish I had the money to hire a nanny so I can get the rest I need to go back to being a mommy. No days off for mom though. :( I hope you guys all get better in time for your trip.

Boyer Family said...

I'm so sorry your not feeling well. I hope you all get better soon and are able to enjoy your great trip? Where in Canada are you going?

Blarney Girl said...

Aren't you suppose to get Montazuma's Revenge while you're traveling??? :D And hopefully as sick as you are now means you're no longer contagious and able to spread germs through a small pressurized tube running recirculated air for 6 hours!!! LOL