04 May 2009

I am a real woman seeking a real computer savvy companion.

About Me. Let's see. I love long walks on the beach, dinners by candlelight, and kissing in the rain. I love life and am always up for a new adventure. I am willing to try just about anything, lol.

Currently Seeking. I am a visual learner who is completely fed up with the standard recipe scene. I need a new format that understands me and is there for me through thick and thin. I detest reading through the directions and then being forced to go back up to find out the quantities to mix, whisk, blend, fold, and combine. I want to type out my recipes, but just haven't found the right one...the one that will keep me warm by the oven. I have just been wasting my time on 5x7 notecards until my dream format comes along. If you know how to format your text like this, let's meet up. It could be the beginnings of a beautiful relationship. And if it doesn't last, we'll sure have fun trying!

(Seriously, does anyone know how to type a recipe out like this? It would make my life a million times easier and my recipe blog exponentially more effective.)

6 comments:

Kara said...

I typed up some recipes for a recipe book that I made for my mom and sisters for Christmas in the word document. I used this } and then enlarged it. It worked well.

Kathleen said...

I could probably figure out something for you using a word document.

Jen said...

I've typed up most of my recipes, and not all of them are as user friendly as others, but I'll show you "my cookbook" sometime, maybe it'll help.

Justin said...

You could try using a flowchart-type program like Visio (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/default.aspx) or some free one like SmartDraw (http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/flowchart.asp).

Word or Excel might also be an option, as other people have suggested. I know those have flowchart functionality.

A paint program might also work.

Janae Walker said...

tyson and i just tried it out on onenote and you can do it so easily! it is a microsoft office program....so, you should try it. it is meant to be like a piece of paper. so, yeah, i think you would like it.

heisschic said...

i know this is old- but i just started stalking you. my apologies.



i use a highlight option. i'd highlight the top part is say, pink. Then would just write "stir" in pink.
The second grouping would be, er, blue. "whisk thoroughly etc" would be written and highlighted in blue.
the end.


btw- hello!