30 April 2009

StrollerFit

I went to my first StrollerFit class on Monday. It may seem easy, especially since Jonas passes the 60 minutes like this...*


Be not deceived. It was akin to a 24 S.E.T. class I used to love/dread, but with 20 extra pounds of poor-pregnancy-eating-habits and a stroller and a kid. The moms there are in great shape--not just fit, but toned as well--which gives me great hope.

Instructor Crystal kicked my butt and made me want to puke. For the next two days, it was unreasonable to expect me to answer a knock at the door within 3 minutes. And let's not even talk about sitting down, widening my stance as if I were pregnant again. No pain, no gain, right?

(I'm assuming the no gain part comes from the gross impossibility of making my way to the pantry to find something delicious to eat).

I went again today. I thought Instructor Crystal was bad until I met Instructor Kim. She worked me so hard I peed my pants.

That's not figurative.

*Patrick's arm

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

What exactly do you do? And I am glad you mentioned that was Patrick's arm. I was worried they also started you on steroids.

vigues said...

Oooo. I'm intrigued. I wish they had those Kick-butt (or really, kick-the-butt-right-off-of-you) classes here. I need all the help I can get!

Boyer Family said...

where are you going for this class? When is it. I would love to find out more. I really need it.

Jen said...

I've always wanted to start this, but didn't look into it until kid #2 and didn't think it would work well with 2 kids there. Let me know how it goes and if there are others with little kids and big kids too.

The Richardsons said...

Awesome Jen! In my opinion, a woman's not a woman until she has peed her pants as a result of a post-partum weakend pelvic floor.

natalie said...

You peed your pants!?!?!?! I am still laughing...

erin said...

I would love to try this - I bet I could work off a few pounds pushing both of my kids!! Or better yet - maybe I can rent them out (along with the stroller) to someonw who wants to get fit! I can use to money to eat ice cream, hehehe