27 April 2009

No Sweets Please



Our household is no longer accepting goodies.

Patrick and I entered into a competition with one another on Saturday. With the exception of a few designated holidays, we are no longer eating candy, ice cream, chocolate, desserts, or other sugar-filled delights. When Patrick cracks, he has to do the chores I dread most for 2 weeks.

So if we're at a game night with you, please don't be offended when we pass on the fresh-baked snickerdoodles. And don't feel bad about eating them in front of us or having nothing to offer. We're there for the company, not the sweets.

And don't hate us when we're skinny either, cuz that's sort of the point.

7 comments:

Becca said...

you are so hilarious :)

randa_joy said...

I have started the same rule for myself except I have a bigger allowance. I can have "social treats" once a week which is an extra incentive for me to be social because I'm a hermit basically. If I have a girls night out or a real date with Spencer or even go to enrichment I can have a treat. Mostly just no treats at home.

whitney said...

hey, ben and i are doing that too! we've been at it for 3 weeks and 2 days and we're going until may 30. ben is always asking me if something counts as a dessert, like milk with chocolate syrup in it. hmmmm?

good luck!

heather said...

You are funny. I love that last line you put in there about not hatin' on the skinny-ness.

I'm a said...

I only do that during weekdays and then on the weekends I can have treats. It about kills me though. I LOVE chocolate!

Kathleen said...

Sweets at home is not as much of a problem as the sweets at work are. Good luck

Frugal or Cheap? said...

You can do it!!! I believe in you!