12 February 2009
Jonas went in for his flu booster and he has officially fallen off the growth chart at 16 pounds (8 months). If he makes it to a bulky 17 pounds in the next day or two, he will be somewhere between percentile 5-10.
Could his slow growth have anything to do with the fact that...
* he hates fruit?
* he hardly eats solids?
* he is allergic to rice (even though he is a quarter Asian--now what will he eat at Thanksgiving?)?
* he is addicted to nursing?
* he will not take a bottle (even if it is leche de mamá)?
* he *could/should* be eating 2.5 packs of baby food per day...and it takes him 4 days to get through a solitary container?
* he only eats oatmeal when he is kind enough to take a few spoonfuls?
And where does he get that double chin?
It couldn't possibly be genetic.
Maybe he carries all 16 pounds in his face (this was the result of a sad attempt to get a couple minutes to clean out the kitchen cabinets. I finally succumbed to the temptations of Baby Einstein, where it clearly sucked out the soul of my child. You see that dead look in his eyes? He's learning all about da Vinci. Riveting, isn't it? He only lasted 6 minutes before he was thoroughly unentertained).
Here's our midget blowing bubbles and refusing nourishment.