15 December 2008

Thanksgiving Part III: Santa's Ranch, Canyon Lake, Old Sattler's

Friday evening we drove to San Marcos where we stumbled upon some surprisingly chic outlets. Cypress and Park City don't compare. These had lower-end and high end as well. After strolling through the outlets, we went to Santa's Ranch, which is a big drive-through light exhibit. The pictures are a bit blurry, but here are some of my faves (the only favorites missing are the ski slope scene and mariachi band):


We've only been here 2.5 years, but I sure love Texas. And I love how much state pride that can be found here. You'd be hardpressed to find any sort of display that didn't have the flag, star, or God Bless Texas sign nearby.


I also love love love cowboys and Old West culture. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a saloon girl because they could wear pretty dresses, feather boas, sing and dance, sip sarsparilla, and hang out with all the cowboys. I had no idea they were women of ill repute! I bet that aspiration made Dad so proud.


The three crosses on Golgotha. This was by far my favorite scene.






Lady Liberty needs to lay off on the hand gestures




The next morning, we drove up to Canyon Lake and then ate breakfast at a charming little Bakery Cafe.



Jonas checking out the offerings



And can you blame him? Look at those caramel peach crêpes. I'm drooling just at the memory of them



I love this picture of my boys snuggling.

3 comments:

Josh and Jenn Songster said...

If it makes you feel better I told my Pre-K teacher that I wanted to be a naked movie star when I grew up!!! Did I mention that I went to a Private Baptist school then, so dont worry about your dreams of when your were little, as long as you dont want to be a saloon girl now, but I would not mind dressing up in one of there dresses now...they just seem so fun!

The Richardsons said...

Those peach crepes make me drool too! And tell Pat he can count his new wavy-locks hairdo as a talent too, cause he looks stylin! I swear you kids are the busiest people who still have time for blogging. Checking your blog never fails to disappoint, with trips, food, and the occsional poopy diaper post :)

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

You would love www.enchantedspringsranch.com. It's a cute Western town near San Antonio we went to last year. So if you are ever up that way again, you'll have to go. You feel like you are in an old Western movie.