07 November 2008

When Did He Grow Up?








Prop 8 Aftermath: May I direct you to karrenlouise for an eloquent, thought-provoking post on Prop 8? She is a miracle worker with boldly expressing her opinion while still maintaining a great love and empathy for those who feel differently. I echo her sentiments, though not nearly as poetically.

And as I reflect upon the result of Proposition 8 (and my reaction to it), I realize I have expressed my joy at its passage, but have not adequately expressed my deep sorrow and pain for those who suffer from its passage. While I still firmly stand by my support for maintaining traditional marriage, my heart mourns with those that mourn. Marriages have been dissolved and a great hope has been extinguished for many. Same beliefs or not, pain is something we share as a people and one thing that makes us human. I pray those affected will receive comfort and feel the Lord's love.

7 comments:

randa_joy said...

Yes, there has been too much insensitive celebration. We should be more humble "winners" and recognize that people have been hurt and alienated through the passage of this amendment.

randa_joy said...

And Holy smaokes! Jonas is too little to be pulling up to stuff like that! They are all little stinkers that get big too fast.

heather said...

Wow, he has gotten bigger. I see he wears a size 3 diaper! Marissa is going to be 1 in two weeks and 3 are still a little big for her. Can we have some of Jonas' genes so that marissa can fit into her clothes better?

Auntie Michelle said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love his butterball legs! They are so cute.

Cheryl said...

at this rate, he will be graduating from college before i get to see him. he is going to be mobile before long.

The M's said...

That is just TOO cute!!!

Natasha Rhinehart said...

If you weren't so far away you might have had a missing son for a while b/c I just want to play with him! Jen, I can't get over how utterly snuggable Jonas looks!! When DID he get so big and independent? :) I have to tell you I love reading your blog. Your words and thoughts inspire stirring emotions in my heart and mind--esp. with the eloquent words (yes, you were eloquent) you posted on your feelings re: this election and propositions. I love your book reviews and use them. I find your blog a great mental stimulator intertwined with perfect happines found in pictures of you and your sweet family. I love your sincerity and your passion, your kindness and your intelligence. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing them with us! Love to you!