04 September 2008

Sarah Palin



Did anyone else see Tina Fey at the RNC last night? She gave a huge speech that hammered Obama far worse than Edouard or Gustav did to the Gulf Coast region.

Despite my natural inclinations, I largely keep this blog politically silent. My tendency is to banter with my dad, propose my solutions to solving the country's problems to my husband, yell at the TV for its unabashed bias, and give a big "hear, hear!" to a select talk radio program. In public however, I usually keep it to myself. I like to hear what others have to say, but I also recognize that many discussions turn into unsolicited fights. This tumultuous political climate however, has left me jaded and disillusioned (at best), and is slowly pulling me out of my self-inflicted abstinence. So as a heads up, possible political musings may occasionally seep through the cracks in the months to come...

You can view Palin's speech here

And because I understand that not everyone (and likely not anyone) is interested in my political ideas, here's a couple of Jonas to keep you subscribing...

6 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

It's been bugging me for days trying to figure out who Sarah reminds me of!! DER! Tina Fey! LOL

I didn't see the speach, but Gwen DVR'd it and I'm going to go over and watch it soon. I watched Rudy's this morning on the computer. If I hadn't been at work, I'd have been standing like everyone in the crowd chanting, USA USA USA!!

Well there you go. Now you know which way I vote. :)

Jennifer said...

Jonas has the most expressive face ever. I loves it.

B. said...

Emilia makes that exact same squished face on the bottom.

Cheryl said...

i think jonas is looking forward to a 'four corners' trip. wasn't that on the list of things to do?
cute boy.

Jeanette said...

You nailed it! I usually am better at "Who does she look like" game. I guess I'm slipping. She gave a great speach.

vigues said...

Man, I've been thinking people would laugh at me if I said that Palin looks like Tina Fey, but her opening jokes at the convention didn't help dissuade my opinion!