25 September 2008

Recipe Review: Pumpkin Cinnamon Pancakes

Making sure I stay par for the course, Sarah posted a recipe and of course I had to try it.

YUM! These pancakes are so delicious and incredibly easy (read: 2 minutes to prepare). The recipe makes just the right amount for 2 adults and a toddler (which means we always have 1 pancake left over). I didn't have ginger on hand, so I doubled up on cinnamon one day and used nutmeg the other. Both were satisfactory.

Enjoy!

Pumpkin-Cinnamon Pancakes
1 C buttermilk pancake mix (Aunt Jemima or generic brand)
2/3 C cold water
1/3 C canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger

Blend ingredients. Batter should be lumpy--do not over mix.

2 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I'm so going to try this!! I love just about anything pumpkin! YUM!

Jennifer said...

Rebecca and I tried to make these last night for dinner. The internet was down so we couldn't see the recipe and we just improvised. Let's just say that if you over mix, they turn into very tough pumpkin pitas. Rebecca's fault.