17 August 2008

Tender Mercies

The past week has been filled with tender mercies that have left us incredibly grateful for the love of our Heavenly Father. In no particular order...

1. This little man slept 7 hours. In a row. We've been paying for that night ever since, but now we know it's possible.

2. Patrick's family had to say good-bye to Shelby last Saturday, but it was a very peaceful departing.

3. These beautiful twins doubled Chandler and Heather's family this week. When we learned of their little miracles, I relived the tears of joy when we learned Jonas would enter our family and when we found out Jonas would have a little Hakanson cousin as well.


4. Patrick helped Sylver learn about the gospel as he took the discussions. On Saturday, we accompanied him to the temple while he received his endowment--such a special moment for this man of faith. I wondered what I would do for those two hours while Jonas and I waited outside. It turns out our former bishop's daughter was getting married at the same time so I was able to be the extra hands (read: purse holder, bouquet holder, messenger, granola bar provider, etc.) you always wish you had on a wedding day.




5. We see more and more of these precious smiles every day.




8 comments:

Kara said...

I love that second to last picture. He's getting so chunky! What a heartbreaker.

Jake, Sarah and Jackson said...

Jonas is so cute! Everyday seems to get more and more fun. Motherhood is really the most wonderful job isn't it?

mamabealadventures said...

What a beautiful post Jen! Thanks for sharing those wonderful tender mercies with me!

Dayna said...

your baby is adorable! Yea that you were able to have a fill nights rest! I am sure I will feel just the same way you do in a couple months time!

DAYNA CHECKETTS

P.S. Did you hear I am having a boy?

Jason and Lissa said...

7 hours of sleep in a row! I'm so jealous! And his smile is so adorable! I guess this means Kiera will be smiling like that in a month, too.

The Huffs said...

Such a sweet post. Thanks for reminding us all that Heavenly Father's love is around is everywhere. Jonas is adorable!!

Mrs. H said...

You have no idea how my spirits rise when I see new pictures of your beautiful Jonas. Amazingly he gets cuter and cuter.

On another note...I can't wait to see you at YES...hopefully soon! Also I'm super excited to meet Jonas on Saturday at Jake and Gretchen's house. Yippee for me!

The Richardsons said...

What a great experience for Pat to go through the temple with his friend! I really hope we can have similar experiences with the investigators we are baptising this month!