25 May 2008

Seasonal Affective Disorder


Can someone please tell me when bathrobes became a seasonal item? I have been to five different stores and this is all I can find...


Yeah, not exactly what I want. Except these photos are nicer than my personal quest yielded. Picture this, but with tackier floral designs, crinklier material, and every single one of them is XXL--more of a Golden Girls feel (and I'm not talking Blanche; rather, Sophia-esque). When I asked the sales associate where I might find a good, old-fashioned terry cloth robe (or any material for that matter), she stared at me with a look of disgust and condescendingly said, "It's SUMMER!"

What, are they going to stop selling ice cream in the winter? I think Valentine's Day should rethink roses and make the traditional gift an icicle. Crayons, pencils, and glue should only be sold at the end of August for back-to-school, and maybe we don't need towels in the summer because we can just dry off in the heat. In fact, I don't think we even need hair dryers in July. After all, that's what the sun is for.

And just for good measure...


PS On a much more serious note, thank you to everyone who commented on my last post. I truly appreciate your heartfelt comments and words of encouragement. You are inspirational women.

2 comments:

Chris, Heather, Gabe, and Marissa said...

Jen
You kill me. Thanks for making me laugh. I totally agree with you though, and it's just odd to me that they wouldn't have nice comfy bath robes. HOpe you find one soon.:)

mojo said...

So funny.