08 November 2007

Strange Coincidence


This photo has a history to it. Well, not so much the photo as the people in it. Barb (left) is my BFF's sister-in-law. Elzabeth (center) is Barb's BFF. When P and I lived in Portugal about 2.5 years ago, we stopped in England on the way home to the States for a visit. Barb and her husband were both attending Oxford and graciously allowed us to stay with them (which was a blast by the way). Strangely enough, Elizabeth flew into England for a wedding (she was living in Germany at the time) and stayed at Barb's place one of the nights we were there as well. One year later, Elizabeth and I were placed in our current location and met at our summer teacher training. We put all the pieces together and voila! Instant friendship! The world is so small. Elizabeth lived with us this summer (also fun, but her commute was horrendous) and when Barb came for a visit last month, they surprised me. It was so wonderful to be reunited!

1 comment:

The Bells said...

Spooner! Wow -- update city on your blog since I last checked! It's a great blog -- pretty much the best I know of. Plus, we both know I'm training to become a cage fighter. Gin! I'm out.